March 26, 2012

Flower-lover.



"God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars." --Martin Luther


I believe this is one way our Maker is revealing Himself to you, my little lover of flowers. You adore them. Nothing makes you happier, these days, than picking them.  Truly.  Each time we pass one, you give careful attention to take it in and declare it's beauty.  

You spent no less than two hours picking flowers at the park today.  A few times after being distracted by wrangling two babies, I panicked because I thought I'd lost you. Then, I'd scan the horizon and see that you'd just wandered off a little farther, getting lost in the sloping hills clothed in beauty. 

An interesting thing that I noticed as I watched you is that you don't pick just any flower to join your lovely bouquet. You select with careful precision, passing many suitable-looking (to me) flowers, to choose just the one you have in mind. You stroll and stoop and scan and examine, then select. 

On our way home from the park today, I asked why you loved picking flowers so much and you responded with, "Don't you see? They're the beauty-fullest things that God has ever created."

You're teaching me to behold the wonder and beauty that is ever before me, Dear One.




(These pictures are from a trip to the park last week with your friend, Naomi.)

No comments: